Southfork Gateway Development
Open To Gas Station, Travel Center, Restaurants, Hotel, Retail.
Southfork Gateway takes advantage of the newly approved 98 million reroute of US550 outside of Durango. The new reroute will take traffic directly into the interchange where Southfork Gateway has premium site visibility. Traffic counts of an accumulated daily total of 39,000 are forecasted to continue to increase to 85,000 in 2025. The new realignment of the 550 directly in the existing 160 will significantly improve freight mobility for oil and gas, agriculture and other industries. This new connection is a key component for the future growth which will provide mobility and safety, which new neighborhoods and developments near the project have already seen increased use.
Southfork Gateway will give travelers an alternative to getting tangled in downtown Durango for essential services like fuel, food and lodging. The development site above 550 and 160 interchange in a highly visible slope side location includes the new
Fifth leg on the existing traffic circle. Travelers arriving to the interchange from the south, east and west will easily be able to see the services they require.
This alternative route is an absolute necessity because the tourist season is gaining speed in Durango Colorado. With a record of 77.7 million tourists coming to visit in 2015 and spending $19.1 billion. Two-thirds of the tourists stayed overnight in paid accommodations, such as hotels, rented condos, campgrounds, and RV parks.
Every day trucks, RVs and cars struggle to find convenient road side stops while traveling via the US550 and US160 interchange. The new re-routing of the 550 is approved and funded. This has created a new development community at the interchange. Southfork Gateway Development site is located right at the heart of what will be the new major intersection of these busy routes. The details of this incredible project can be found on the CDOT website.
This project site provides businesses a unique opportunity to position their brand alongside a critical intersection in Southwestern Colorado with significant traffic flows. In addition, residential development just north of the site is approved and the building of new homes has begun. Approval for several thousand homes has been passed. The perfect mix of steady residential traffic in the area using the new intersection for egress to the two US route and the daily transient traffic will support a variety of service businesses at the site. During the summer travel season the traffic flows will drive a prosperous opportunity for Southfork Gateway businesses. Southfork Gateway is full of potential and can be your next successful development opportunity.
Location Highlights Include:
- Initial traffic counts are 39,000 ADT substantially increasing at the 550 completion in early 2023
- Location ensures travelers and trucks won’t get tangled up in the city center
- The connection south of Durango will realign US 550 directly into the existing US 160 interchange
- US 550 and US 160 are truck routes, which provide significant freight mobility for oil and gas, agriculture and other industries
- The new connection is a key component for future growth providing mobility, safety and economic vitality
- Neighborhoods and developments near the project have seen increased use with La Plata County’s and the city of Durango’s completion of Wilson Gulch Road
- 20-acre property limited space, exclusive opportunity
December 17, 2019